Monday, October 23, 2006

US Presidential Contender : Obama Speaks!


Apparently US Sen. Barack Obama has said that the US will eventually have to talk to North Korea. He is quoted as saying "But I think that, in time, it would make sense for us to initiate some bilateral conversations in parallel with the six-party talks... partly because it would strengthen, I think, the commitment of China and South Korea to really put some pressure on North Korea."

I have also heard that one the same program he did not rule out running for the Presidential office. He seemed to say something about his supporters wanting him to do it, and him thinking it over, but not giving it as much thought as he should.

Honestly, he sounds like a great speaker. And he seems to know how to capture the imagination of many Americans, but I highly doubt the US is ready for a black president (did I just say that?). I could however see him being more successful on a Edwards/Obama ticket - man, those two would just love campaign time.

No comments: